Tue, Oct 26|
NSKL Workshop - Leading with the 5Cs of Psychological Safety
Understand how to use the 5Cs of Psychological Safety to create a culture of trust and better ways to work in your organization.
Time & Location
Oct 26, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
About the Event
Have you ever been in a work environment where you weren’t comfortable being your true authentic self? Where asking questions, raising problems, or disagreeing with people wasn’t welcome? Where you kept things to yourself in fear of what people might think, say, or do? These are all signs that you did not feel psychologically safe. And when you don’t feel psychologically safe, it becomes very difficult for you to do your best work, to learn, to solve problems, to be innovative, and to be fully engaged.
As Kind Leaders, we need to make sure that our organization has a system to ensure that everyone, at all levels, feels emotionally and psychologically safe. Caring for people’s mental health is the basis of psychological safety, which is the prerequisite for learning, growth, innovation, and improvement. Unless people feel psychologically safe, they won't be unable to do their best work, solve problems, innovate and be fully engaged. And unless leaders Lead with Kindness, they won't be able to create that system, and a culture of trust.
In this 2.5 hour fully interactive workshop, Jessica House, mental health counsellor, and President of LightHouse Counselling and Wellness, and Karyn Ross, founder of The New School for Kind Leaders, will introduce you to The 5Cs of Psychological Safety, the system they've created to help organizations focus on and increase psychological safety. During this workshop you'll:
- Delve into each of the 5Cs (Clear Expectations, Connect Regularly, Care Genuinely, Consistent Kindness, Coregulate) and learn about its impact on your own feeings and metal health and the the well being and engagement of your team
- Assess your own feelings of psychological safety for each of the 5Cs
- Use the 5Cs framework to identify and assess areas in which your organization can improve psychological safety
A combination of theory and practice will allow you to leave this workshop with an understanding of both the importance of psychological safety, how, as a leader, to use The 5Cs as a framework and tool to enhance psychological safety and kindness within any organization and a plan to take your first steps towards greater psychological safety.
As part of the mini-workshop, all class participants will receive:
- A Personal 5Cs Psychological Safety Self-Assessment document to use to assess their own personal feelings of psychological safety
- An Organizational 5Cs Psychological Safety Assessment document focused on behaviors that lead to a psychologically safe work environment
- A 5Cs Workbook Handout to use to record notes, and next action steps throughout the mini-workshop
You will receive the class materials with the Zoom link to the class, one day before the mini-workshop starts.
The New School for Kind Leaders practices Right-Sized Pricing. That means all people, regardless of ability to pay, are welcome to attend. Suggested Tuition Contribution Pricing:
- Currently Working: $50.00
- Not Working: $25.00
- Right-Sized Pricing Contribution: If neither of the above prices works for you, please feel free to contribute whatever is comfortable and affordable. You are also encouraged to make a Pay it Forward Tuition Contribution above the suggested pricing to pay for those who aren't able to. Your kindness will be greatly appreciated!
To be fully registered, pay tuition and attend this workshop, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/3CoShmA
Plese note: Eventbrite will send you an email confirming your registration. Please mark your calendar and hold the date and time. One day before the session, you will receive a separate email from the organizers with the Zoom login information.