Tue, Oct 05|
NSKL Class - How to Have a Difficult Conversation Kindly
This practical, interactive class will give you the skills, knowledge and practice to have difficult conversations kindly and confidently.
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2021, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
About the Event
In this New School for Kind Leaders (NSKL) class you will learn why, as leaders, we feel that some conversations are difficult to have, and how the Five Key Characteristics of Kind Leaders and the Three Key Kind Leader Practices create the foundation for having difficult conversations kindly. You’ll prepare for and practice having a difficult conversation, have the difficult conversation, and then learn how to use the Five Steps Leaders Take When Things Don’t Go Kindly to reflect on what happened and improve for your next difficult conversation.
You'll receive materials such as the NSKL Difficult Conversation Planner, Five Steps Kind Leaders Take When Things Don't Go Kindly Worksheet and an Introspection/Reflection Journal to help you plan and reflect on your difficult conversation.
Class Dates and Times
6 hours in total: October 5, 2021, October 12, 2021, October 17, 2021
Each of the three classes is from:
11:00 am - 1:00 pm ET (10:00 am - Noon CT, 8:00 am - 10 am PT)
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Week 1: Why Difficult Conversations are so Difficult…
- Meet your classmates, be introduced to your Practice Partner and learn the theory behind having difficult conversations kindly
- Start to prepare for having a difficult conversation kindly
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Week 2: Preparation and Practice for Your Difficult Conversation
- During this class, you'll use The NSKL Difficult Conversation Planner and be guided through activities to help you prepare yourself (and the person you are having the difficult conversation with) to Think, Speak and Act Kindly throughout the difficult conversation.
- You'll be given instruction on tangible, specific things you can do and strategies you can take to make sure your conversation goes kindly and has positive results.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Week 3: Reflection, Introspection and Next Steps
- In this class you'll reflect on the difficult conversation that you had between classes. You'll use the NSKL Five Steps Worksheet to evaluate the conversation, what could have been kinder, and how to improve your preparation and conversation next time.
Between classes, you will have the support of your dedicated Practice Partner and The New School for Kind Leaders Practice Community.
By the end of this class you will feel confident in your ability to:
• Prepare yourself – and others – to have a difficult conversation kindly
• Have a difficult conversation kindly
• Use your reflections on the conversation to deepen your Kind Leadership
Please note: To formally register and pay tuition for this class, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/3xz9rKv
After you register, you will receive a separate Welcome email from Karyn Ross. One week before class starts you will receive your Syllabus and other class materials. One day before class starts, you will receive a Zoom invite for all three class sessions. As soon as your register, please mark your calendar to hold the dates and times.
Have questions or need more information?
Please contact Karyn Ross directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-630-881-3068.
We're here to help you become confident and comfortable leading with kindness and are happy to answer any and all questions so that you can get started!
Everyone is welcome at The New School for Kind Leaders. We practice Right-Sized Pricing, which means that no one will ever be turned away based on financial circumstance. We ask that you make a Tuition Contribution that is comfortable and affordable for you. Suggested Tuition Contributions can be:
• Working individual (Company paying): $400.00 per class/workshop
• Working individual (Paying personally): $250.00 per class/workshop
• Not working: $125.00 per class/workshop
If you are able, we also encourage you to add a Pay-It-Forward Tuition Contribution to help offset costs for others who would like to attend and are in less fortunate financial circumstances.
We are thankful and grateful for all Tuition Contributions!
This foundational class is taught by Karyn Ross, (author of the forthcoming book The Kind Leader: A Practical Guide to Eliminating Fear, Creating Trust and Leading with Kindness).